Friday, August 1, 2008

Word of the Day


When I was a little girl in Trail British Columbia, my wood paneled bedroom wall had several shapes that looked like faces to me. I wonder if I had been raised Catholic would I have seen Jesus? Who hasn't looked up at the sky and noticed familiar shapes in the clouds? I love this Venn diagram by artist Jessica Hagy. I've been hearing about Pareidolia for the last year and I've finally been able to remember the word. I've even spelled it correctly ( after several attempts and double checking) Yeah for me.






2 comments:

Valerie Tanswell said...

I don't get it. Is this like spaghetti with ketchup? What am I missing? Is it how we see Jesus in anything if we believe it is there?

Shannon said...

Soooo The diagram is a very dry joke about the penchant for people to see holy images in different food like grilled cheese sandwhiches. Recently, some people saw the name of Muhammad in some grissely meat.