Sunday, August 10, 2008

De-Baptism

I was never baptised. At least, not that I remember. If I had been, this ceremony might have been fun. Recently at an Atheist " coming out party", they held a de-baptism for all those irreligious converts out there.

The ceremony begins with the following words:

"Do you agree that the magical potency of today’s ceremony is exactly equal to the magical efficacy of ceremonial baptism with dihydrogen monoxide, and do you agree that the power of all magical ceremonies is nonexistent?”

Then, instead of the Baptismal pool, sprinkle or jacuzzi. We have " The Hair Dryer of Reason"






















Followed by shouts of AMEN and appropriate levels of pernicious emotionalism.


I am inspired and amused.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

You had me at "hair dryer of reason"... lmao