Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Jaclyn! OMG 13???????

Today is my 2nd daughter's birthday. Well..she's not actually my birth daughter, but I've known her since she was in her mommy's tummy. In fact her mom and I found out at nearly the same time that we were both pregnant. Our families have all been close friends ever since then. Sierra and Jaclyn have been like sisters and she has been on many adventures with us. I can't believe it has been 13 years! This is the first picture of them hanging out together. I think they were 3 months old or so. Her mom Cheryl and I spent a lot of time together in those days. I was a new mom and Jaclyn was her second child so she had experience! I'm so grateful that I had such a wonderful friend in my life to be there through a very trying time for me.
What can I say about Jaclyn? Loving, fun, creative, crazy, wild. Always singing, laughing and LOUD especially when Sierra and her are confined together in a moving car. Arrrrhhhggggggg! There is something about the two of them together that is like alchemy. Explosions, activity, incessant and loud giggling and screaming.

Adventures

Here is Jaclyn experiencing the Grand Canyon with us. Although Jaclyn loves nature, I think she would rather view it from a hotel window. She is not keen on bugs, bees or hiking around. We love you Princess Jaclyn! This was a day trip and on the way home, it was very dark outside and Jaclyn and Sierra were very scared that ET was going to come down and take them away. They were very serious about it too. We tried to explain that ET although not real was a NICE alien in the movie.
We took Jaclyn with us to a cabin up in Greer. I think the best part of this cabin for both of them was sliding down the stairs in the cabin. We fished and did some hiking too. Remember what I said about bugs and bees? Well.... as you can imagine they have lots of those in Greer.

Just Hanging Out

I believe this was in 3rd grade. Sierra had an assignment as school where she was supposed to take pictures of "Flat Sierra" in various places. We were going out to take pictures of Flat Sierra in nature, but first Jaclyn posed with her.
This is one of my favorites. They are painting each other's faces and I think they managed to paint a doll's face and I'm sure the table, their clothes and probably other parts of themselves.


Happy Birthday Jaclyn. You are growing up to be a beautiful young lady. I almost didn't recognize you in this picture!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Does that mean Sierra is just around the corner - the "teen" age years??